Windows & Doors
Windows and doors covers the aspects of the home that are involved with natural lighting, ventilation and security in the form of security screens and doors.
Read on for more information about windows and doors:
Benefits of Windows and Doors
- If they are placed correctly and fitted with the right mechanisms they can make the home much more comfortable and pleasant to live in
- If windows are placed correctly, the home’s ventilation can be significantly increased.
- Doors and windows can also be used for insulation, insofar as double-glazing doors or windows to prevent heat gain or loss and simply by shutting doors to reduce the amount of air-conditioned air being lost.
Considerations When Choosing Windows
- Windows come in a massive range of styles and colours these days so it is possible to really enhance and define the look of a home simply by choosing the appropriate window.
- Window shutters can help provide privacy, insulation and, in some cases, security. Security is an important consideration in windows and doors as you want to be able to strike a balance between a home that can access the outdoors while keeping any potential unsavoury elements outside of the home.
- Window tinting helps to reduce UV radiation, glare and sun that enters your home through glass. It can also improve your levels of privacy. Window tinting is available in a range of colours, and it can even be totally clear. It is also available in different densities and heat rejection qualities. How much you notice the tint is up to you as some are almost unnoticeable, inside or outside the home.
- Skylights are an ideal way to gain valuable natural light and even additional ventilation in areas where adding a window is not possible. Because they are fitted into the roof, they are usually placed in areas where natural lighting is insufficient for some reason, such as in the bathroom, hallway or walk in wardrobe. They are easily installed in new and existing homes and are fantastic for energy efficient as they eliminate the need to turn a light on during the day, simply so you can see what you are doing.
Considerations When Choosing Doors
- Doors, whether internal or external, are an important part of the home. They provide aesthetics, security, privacy and protection from the elements. There are many types of doors available, though some of the most common include wooden, aluminium, sliding, flush, Fresh and bi-fold doors.
- Security screen doors are a great way to achieve security. Security screens are usually made from a steel mesh that is strong enough to withstand attack, and using such screens means that you can eliminate the need for bars or grilles. This is great if you have views that you don’t want to be interrupted and the security screens will also keep insects out.
- Flyscreens are a valuable part of the window system, especially in Australian summers, as they allow air to enter the home while preventing bugs and other detritus. They are used on both doors and windows and come in either a standard or a reinforced mesh. The reinforced mesh is great for security. Flyscreens come in hinged, rollaway or sliding forms, or can be permanently affixed to the exterior of the window.
You Might Also Be Interested In: