Specialising in low water, low maintenance native garden design, consultancy and advisory service, garden planting, irrigation, mulching, garden maintenance, revegetation and assisted regeneration for wildlife habitat. Targeted weed control for fire hazard reduction.
- Low water, low maintenance native garden design drafted to scale for your site, including a plant selection key.
- Garden consultancy and specialised advice about all aspects of gardening with the option of a written report. Specialising in native plants and locally indigenous species for your area.
- Planting of garden concepts from plan with mulch and irrigation.
- Garden maintenance, pruning, herbicide/ weed control, fertiliser and trace elements as well as natural pest control. Remediation of old, overgrown gardens.
- Revegetation of weedy paddocks or large yards with locally indigenous plant species to create wildlife habitat for birds, butterflies, reptiles and mammals.
- Assisted regeneration of areas with some indigenous vegetation present or adjacent native vegetation areas.
- Targeted weed control for fire hazard reduction.
Gondwana Landscapes and Consultancy specialises in indigenous flora, native plants and low water use gardens, having worked with State Government for State Flora Nursery for 12 years. Our goal is to design and create a drought resistant native garden to suit our client’s needs, or revegetate areas using cost effective low disturbance techniques.
We offer a tailored consultancy service with the option of a report or garden plan to create a new garden or rehabilitate an area that needs some help to become wildlife habitat. You have the option of a free, no obligation quote for installation of an all-inclusive garden (plants, irrigation and mulch) based on your plan.
Gondwana Landscapes and Consultancy can arrange for regular maintenance of your garden or rehabilitated area, taking care of weed control, brush-cutting, pruning, fertilising, natural pest-control, soil erosion control and identification of indigenous species. If there are existing garden areas that need attention we can advise or provide labour for rejuvenating old gardens with pruning, mulching and feeding.
Revegetation can be achieved by using a process of assisted regeneration if native plants are already present or nearby, or by re-planting using locally indigenous plant species. A combination approach can work well and is very cost effective, especially where planting of tube-stock or direct seeding is used.
Targeted weed control for fire hazard reduction involves the removal of standing weedy grass and woody weeds to leave only the native plants. This greatly reduces fire risk, while increasing the number of native plants.
Mark Thomas is also available for public speaking engagements on a range of topics relating to gardening with native plants, local plant species and wildlife.
For more information or to see how we can help you out contact us today!!
University of Adelaide
Bachelor of Science, Natural Resource Management
Ecology & Management of Vertebrate Pests III
Broadacre Revegetation Cert IV
Advanced Chemical Spraying & Techniques
Nirvana Biodynamics Farm
The Food Forrest
Logging Investigation & Training Association Inc.
Chainsaw Operator Statement of Attainment Cert. # RTC2304A
CFS Level 1
Fire-fighter & Fire behaviour
Current Senior First Aid
Civil Train SA
Work Zone Traffic Management
Pest Control Exemption Certificate