There is nothing like a gazebo for bringing elegance and style to your garden but how do you know what type of gazebo to choose? Here are some of the common ones that you can find.
What is a Gazebo?
Simply speaking, a gazebo can be defined as a freestanding, roofed structure that has open sides, and optional low walls. They can be left open or be enclosed, depending on what you prefer. Gazebos are commonly used as outdoor dining areas, as an outdoor entertaining area, or simply just a place to sit, relax and enjoy the views.
Options in Gazebos
Gazebos are attractive structures and you have a range of options in terms of design. Gazebos are most commonly found as six sided or eight sided structures with a pointed, conical roof, but they can also be round, oblong with rounded edges, square or rectangular. They can be built on the ground, or slightly elevated, depending on what you prefer.
Of course, there are several different designs or styles that you can choose from. Some of the most popular include:
- Oriental – oriental style gazebos take their inspiration from classic Asian buildings such as pagodas. They fit perfectly within a tropical or rainforest garden and they are generally made from wood with a thatched or a tiled roof. Oriental gazebos can be minimalist or ornate, depending on what you prefer.
- Victorian – Victorian gazebos are the classic, elegant buildings that most people think of when they hear the word “gazebo”. They are made from wood, metal or PVC and they have low carved wood or wrought iron railings, decorative finials, friezes, and fretwork, and other elements to increase the beauty of the building.
- Rustic – rustic gazebos are generally made from recycled or rough cut wood in order to give them a genteel, warm and open feel. They can be painted or left natural depending on your preference and they suit most styles of gardens.
- Enclosed – enclosed gazebos are those that are enclosed on all sides using glass (openable or fixed windows), insect screening, or cafe blinds. They are ideal if you want to use your gazebo as a true outdoor room and all year round. The extra protection means that you can add in heating, ceiling fans, and even electronic items such as stereos and televisions.
- Monterey – Monterey style gazebos are those that have clean, classic lines with very little in the way of decorative ornamentation. They are perfect for all styles of homes as their classic elegance suits all design and landscaping styles, from formal to minimalist to country.
Find a gazebo
supplier in your local area.