Everything you need to know about finding a Tile Supplier
Tile suppliers are responsible for providing all of the tiles and materials that you will need to complete a tiling project in your home.
Following is a list of services that may be provided by a tile supplier:
- Advice on the suitability of the tiles for certain areas of your home
- Ordering the tiles as required as well as extras (as it’s very difficult to exactly match tiles from different batches)
- Providing advice on things such as the colour of tiles, patterns that can be used and pattern matching
- Helping you to calculate how many tiles will be required
- Helping you to select tiles according to a budget
- Providing the other materials needed to complete the job, such as grout, adhesive and so forth
- Advice and tips on how to best lay tiles, whether on a horizontal or vertical surface
Tile Supply Places
There are several different places where you can pick up the tiles that you need for your home improvement project. Three of the most common are briefly outlined below:
- Generalist Suppliers – these suppliers stock all different kinds and brands of tiles, meaning that you can find tiles to suit almost any project. Along with the well-known brands and finishes, they usually also supply certain specialist types of tiles such as granite tiles. As well as the tiles themselves, they will also supply everything that you need to complete the project such as grout, adhesives, scrapers, and so forth.
- Hardware Stores – most hardware stores have a tile section in which some common tiles for the bathroom or floor are stocked. However, they usually have a limited range of tiles, and you may need to look elsewhere if you are looking for something more unique or specialised. They will also stock many of the materials you need to complete the project.
- Specialist Tile Suppliers – these suppliers often specialize in a particular brand or type of tile. One example of a specialist tile supplier is a store that sells only high end tiles such as sandstone, granite or marble. They will be able to provide materials such as adhesive and grout that are specifically suited to the specialist style, but you may need to visit another store to get all of the materials you need to complete the job.