Welcome to Smart Pools And Renovations
- Smart Pools Specialises in Swimming Pool renovations only.
- Established in 1985
- Area of Operation: Smart Pools & Renovations are based in Belrose and carry out work from Hornsby to Hunters Hill, West Pennant Hills to the Northern Beaches and the Eastern Suburbs.
- Long term members of SPASA NSW since 1985
- Smart Pools & Renovations have many award winning pool renovations.
- Smart Pools are family owned and operated, providing professional and personalised service.
- Smart Pools research your ideas and needs and then convert these into the vision for your pool entertainment area.
- Offer a comprehensive range of Pool Interior Finishes, Paint, Pebble, Quartz, Crystal, Ceramic & Glass Mosaic Tiles.
- Quality Copings, Water features, Mosaic Waterlines, Feature Waterlines.
- Selection of Superior Equipment including Solar, Gas & Heat pump systems, Lighting systems LED, Halogen and Optic Fibre lighting, Pumps, Filtration systems, Chlorine, Salt and Ioniser sanitising systems , and pool cleaning equipment.
- Offer all complimentary services including: pool and garden servicing, landscaping, landscape designers, builders both large and small, pool fencing and ballastrades, electrical and plumbing through our Business Connection Teams.
- Continual updating of knowledge through attending industry information seminars to ensure keeping abreast of the latest trends.
There are many different types of materials available to the client to choose from when contemplating resurfacing their pool. There are many reasons for choosing a particular surface, cost, appearance, durability being some of them.
Smart Pools use only Skypebble Pebblesheen imported from New Zealand. A very popular surface, the NZ pebble is a beautiful material which is ultra fine and the "Artic White" gives a sophisticated pale blue finish to the pool. Available in a variety of natural pebble colours this is the supreme pebble material.
- Natural Coloured Pebble
Australian pebble available in natural "gold" & "ivory" these pebbles are much finer than what most people remember as a pebble pool. This is budget product that allows the client to move up market from a painted surface. Once the pool surface has been applied the pool is acid washed to remove the surface cement slurry and to expose the aggregate. The pool is the filled immediately after acid washing.
- Pre mixed coloured Pebble
This is a premium Australian product produced in Victoria. It is premixed with cement and with the advantage of the addition of metallic oxides allows pebble to have a selection of colours. Once the pool surface has been applied the pool is acid washed to remove the surface cement slurry and to expose the aggregate. The pool is the filled immediately after acid washing.
- Quartz Render- pre mixed coloured materials
Quartz rendering is now the most popular of the internal surfaces offered. Extensive range of colours, provides a seamless smooth finish which is both attractive and durable. The most popular of these surfaces is Quartzon® a product that has been on the market for over 10 years. This is a rendered material which can be both sprayed or hand applied, it is always hand finished. Once the pool surface has been applied and acid washed it must be filled immediately. Easy to maintain and a stunning finish.
- Glass Bead or Crystal Finish Surfaces
Similar in manufacture to quartz but using glass beads to give an extraordinary beautiful finish. Relatively recent addition to the range of internal finishes, this product offers a dazzling seamless finish in a range of colours. Applied in the same manner as quartz finished pools it is a premium priced product. If you are looking at this product it is worth considering a ceramic fully tiled pool.
- Ceramic Mosaic Tiles
This is a premium looking finish, attractive, easy to maintain and lasts a lifetime. There is a large range of ceramic mosaic tiles and they range through a whole spectrum of colours. Ceramic mosaic tiles can be applied over painted or rendered concrete, existing marblesheen, pebblecrete or quartz finishes after suitable preparation. In most cases it is not necessary to render the pool before applying the tiles, painted pools must be abrasive blasted prior to application. Ceramic tiles give a lifetime of service, are beautiful under foot and easy to maintain.
- Glass Mosaic Tiles
Generally the "piece de resistance" of internal finishes. Glass tiles have a sparkle that is not evident with other surfaces. However there are many varying qualities of glass mosaics available. Some of these tiles are of very poor quality. Smart Pools generally only lay genuine Italian [Bisazza], Spanish [Ezzari] glass tiles or tiles from specially selected suppliers. Smart Pools will not lay paper faced tiles as it is impossible to ensure that the tiles are laid straight. Clients who wish to purchase their own supply of tiles are advised that no responsibility will be accepted for the quality of those tiles. There is a great range of colours and prices depending upon the "range" of tiles chosen. It is highly recommended that the swimming pool be fully rendered prior to the laying of glass mosaic tiles and again Smart Pools will not accept responsibility for the quality of laying unless the pool is fully rendered.
- Fibreglass Lining
Once a very popular surface it has suffered from the introduction of Quartz finishes and has struggled to remain price competitive. A beautifully smooth finish, it is second only to a tiled pool for smoothness. Fibreglass can be applied over existing concrete render, mablesheen, or quartz finishes. Where an existing fiberglass surface requires renovation the condition of the underlying existing surface is vital as to the viability of resurfacing again in fiberglass.
- Painted Interior
Generally a 2 pack Epoxy paint especially formulated for swimming pools. Smart Pools use Luxapool by Colormaker Industries pool paint. The advantages of paint is a smooth coating & wide colour choice available. The disadvantages are a short life expectancy and the application is subject to weather conditions and that also affects the longevity of the surface.
- Long-standing member and supporter of the Swimming Pool & Spa Association (SPASA NSW).
- Winners of National, State and Regional Awards.
- Department of Fair Trading [DOFT] Licence 100202C for pool construction and renovation.
- Please check DOFT website for further details regarding Smart Pools history.
- Smart Pools & Renovations carry:
- Comprehensive Public Liability Insurance $10M and Products Liability $10M Policy No 130A515849BPK QBE Commercial.
- Workers Compensation Policy MWP0118244033 Allianz Australia in accordance with NSW Law
- Certificate of currency are available on request.