Welcome to Robert Smallwood Building Plans 'Better by Design'
We provide a comprehensive building design and plan drawing service from a ‘mud map sketch’ right through to ‘full council approved plans.’ This service includes:
- Detailed on-site analysis for all building projects (large or small)
- Detailed design for all ‘disabled access’ issues both commercial and residential
- CAD plans for both 'Development Applications' and 'Construction Certificates' including :
- All council documentation including lodgement of plans/applications
- 'Basix' certificates
- ‘Bushfire risk assessments’
- Statement of environmental effects
- Liaison with sub-consultants, including structural and civil engineers, surveyors, specialist building code and geotechnical analysts, hydraulic and landscaping designers, private certifiers etc.
- Liaison/Negotiation/Follow Up with council as part of the ‘DA/CC’ process.
We are a ‘Chartered’ member of the Building Designers Association of NSW (#163-93), with an accreditation classification of 'low rise' (#611E) (Building Consultants Accreditation Pty Ltd).
Robert Smallwood Building Plans is a ‘building design’ practice based in Laurieton near Port Macquarie on the Mid-North Coast. We directly service the regional area from 'Great Lakes' in the south to 'Coffs Harbour' in the north whilst also providing design services for any area within NSW (we currently have projects in Goulburn, Pottsville and Lake Macquarie).
Robert Smallwood has lived in the local area for over 20 years & in that time whilst running his own ‘building design practice’ he also worked as a ‘civil engineering design consultant’. This broad range of experience particularly with regard to the technical aspects of residential subdivision design enables him to provide confident solutions for all forms of buildings on all types of sites.
Our building design work spans a wide variety of building types including all sizes, shapes and styles of houses, alterations and additions, medium density development (dual occupancies, townhouses, villas and units) and commercial/industrial projects.
Our focus is on ensuring that our clients are an integral part of the design process and that you end up with a practical ‘user friendly’ building solution that best meets your needs.
We combine your ideas and aspirations with our experience and knowledge to provide creative and stylish outcomes that take into account site location, climate, lifestyle, resale, maintenance, energy efficiency/sustainability and your budget.