14 weeks, 3 hours per session
42 hours total
Wednesday - 6-9pm starting from the 22nd of Feb
Thursday - 10:30am - 1:30pm from the 23rd of Feb
One week 'Accelerator'* - 16th to the 21st of April
$2,750 (including materials)
Unit Competencies Achieved
LMFID4003A & LMFID4005A
Supported by Elliott Clarke
Gain a great understanding of the key concepts and terms used by professional interior decorators, with insight into colour schemes, soft furnishings, window coverings and lighting, plus more. You will be able to draw up a living room in perspective from plan, and render with confidence. Build a portfolio and create mood, colour and materials boards with professional panache.
This is one of our Accelerator courses. Over the year, we will be running a few of our courses in an ‘accelerator’ format, being essentially the same course as noted with the same unit accreditation, but in a condensed 1 full week format, from Monday morning through to Saturday afternoon. This format is also appealing to locals who are keen to fast-track their decoration studies.
Skills that you will build during this course include:
- The Basics - What is Interior Decoration?
- Developing a theme
- History of design and decoration styles
- Interior trends
- Elements and principles of design
- Mood Board and development
- Introduction to colour, colour wheel, colour theory, colour scheming and colour colour harmonies
- Free hand sketching
- One point perspectives
- Rendering techniques
- Introduction to hard and soft materials
- Site Analysis - measuring and reading floor plans including furniture placement
- Hear from various leading industry professionals
- Major Project: Analyse a client brief and create a concept for your final project
*Minimum numbers required for all 'Accelerator' courses. As such confirmation will be advised two weeks prior to class commencing.
For more information, or to register for one of our courses, please fill in the enquiry form below