New England Country Homes specialises in homes that recreate the properties and balance of early Australian architecture.
New England Country Homes Pty Ltd
Some of New England Country Homes' residences are recreations, although most have a modern twist, so you are able to have a new home with all the features while benefiting from the relaxed feel of an original.
Home Design Features
All the company's homes feature generous timber sizes with wide verandahs, high ceilings, joinery timber windows and doors, solid brass fittings and wide timber skirtings and architraves.
What you cannot see is the quality of the frames and other timber components made almost exclusively from termite-resistant timbers.
New England Country Homes will work with you to create an architectual design and assit you with the construction of your home in any manner you wish. Be that full owner-builder, built to lock up, built to completion or any variation thereof. You can build using our construction service or you can use your own builder or trades.
The choice is yours.
How We Work
The first meeting with our company usually takes place in our offcie at Kurrajong, (if possible, but not mandatory). At this meeting we give customers an overview of the company, our designs and the materials, which we recommend.
Our purpose is to enable customers to make a decision as to whether they wish to proceed further with the purchase of a New England Country Home.
If you make the decision to go further the procedure is as follows:-
Contract of Engagement:
- Full site assessment by one of our designers
- Extensive consultation with council and other government entities
- Preliminary sketch plans and development
- Builder Liaison
- Preliminary Basix (Energy Efficiency) Assessment
- New England Country Homes quotation & build cost options
Contract of Sale: (Price fixed for 120 days)
- Supply of Materials (Kit) after council approval
- Includes Engineering & soil report for slab / footings
- Facilitation & collection of other necessary documentation for council approval
- Working Drawings (Plans) for council
- Prepare Council Lodgement
- Finalise Basix Assessment
- Prepare Assembly Drawings
- Co-ordinate delivery schedule
- Statement of Environmental Effects
- RFS Bushfire Self Assessment
Not included in New England Country Homes Materials Pricing:
- Council Fees (fees vary between council areas)
- *Geotechnical Reports for on site sewer systems
- *Landscaping Plans
- *Flora, Fauna, Flood, Heritage, Scenic Impact and other specialist reports may be required by council
* New England Country Homes can arrange for these to be done.
New England Country Homes will work with you to construct your home in any manner you wish be that full owner builder, built to lock up, built to completion or any variation thereof. We can introduce builders who have worked with us previously or you can use your own builder or trades. The choice is yours.
- Delivery and delivery insurance is included in your Contract price
- New England Country Homes will deliver your home in a series of deliveries designed to minimize delivery costs and maximize convenience for your builder.
- Deliveries for materials to "lock-up" stage usually take place within 2 to 3 weeks. Internal materials (skirting, doors etc.) follow within 8 weeks from the first delivery.
- Small structures may be delivered in only 1 or 2 deliveries very close together.
New England Country Homes have Design, Delivery and Construction personnel available to assist with any queries. Please do not hesitate to call.