Whether you're a sole trader involved in minor home repairs or extensions, an interior designer, supplier, residential or commercial builder or a large consortium specialising in multi-million dollar building projects, we have something to offer you.
Membership is open to anyone associated with, or operating a reputable business within the building and construction industry. Our membership sectors currently include:
- Commercial sector—commercial building contractors.
- Residential sector—house builders, extension specialists and land developers.
- Subcontractors & suppliers—specialist contractors, manufacturers and suppliers.
- Professionals—engineers, architects, building designers, interior designers, quantity surveyors, building officials, educators, building owners, banks, credit unions and other financial providers, real estate agents, legal and accounting professionals, and information technologists.
- Civil engineering sector—contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
Master Builders Association ACT provides advice on a wide range of services which are vital to the efficient function of the industry, including:
Market analysis and trends
Industrial relations services
- Regular reports, explanations and analysis of market developments, construction programs and industry prospects.
- Data on Canberra projects and other relevant statistics.
- Regular specialist bulletins on industrial matters, new awards, comprehensive wage rates, etc.
- Liaison with unions and other employee organisations.
- Occupational health and safety advice.
- Occupational health and safety management advice.
- Employment, award and statutory employment obligation advice.
- Dispute resolution.
- Representation at Industrial Relations Commission and other Court hearings.
- Development of collective agreements and employment contracts.
- We are also able to act in matters relating to: alleged unlawful and unfair terminations in the Industrial
- Relations Commission and other Courts, and requests for inspection of wage records, etc.
- Comprehensive range of contracts for the construction and housing project management, contracting and subcontracting industries.
- Dispute resolution and arbitration.
Housing and construction technology
- Skill formation and participation in the Master Builders Group Training Scheme.
- Training seminars and courses on issues affecting the industry.
- Advice on all apprenticeship, cadetship, trade, post-trade, professional development and other training matters.
Information, Media and Government liaison
- Assessment of new materials and techniques, building research, regulations, standards and codes of practice.
- Data on materials, methods of construction and design and construction management systems.
- Technical fact sheets.
- Information on kindred Australian and overseas organisations.
- Industry forum and publicity for the industry.
- Representation on industry matters to government and other bodies.
- Liaison with Politicians and Government Department heads to assist in the resolution of industry based issues.
The Master Builders Association ACT has formed a number of partnerships to save members money or to give them products or services better suited to them.
- Insurance Services
- Electrical and Furniture Products
- Motor Vehicles
- Advertising and Marketing
Technical and Regulatory Advice
- Tailored Insurance packages at fantastic rates for Workers' Compensation, Contractors Insurance, NSW
- Home Warranty Insurance and many more.
- Fidelity Fund—ACT Home Warranty Insurance.
- Preliminary legal aid for members.
- Master Builders finance and business services, including leasing, asset purchase, home loans, commercial finance, etc.
- Fleet discounts on a range of motor vehicles.
- Mobile and fixed line phone discounts.
- Fuel discounts.
- Corporate electrical and furniture discounts.
Master Builders provide a range of technical and regulatory advice to members on building related technical issues including BCA standards, planning and other regulatory related matters.
We also provide advice on Energy Efficiency, OH&S, training related matters through continuing professional development.