Architecture Melbourne - Interiors - Landscape - Urban Design
DESIGN - INSIDE & OUTSIDE
- Generating ideas across the fields of architecture and landscape is assisted by applying informed & appropriate discipline to the design process. Urban or Rural contexts require interpretation along with client needs. We seek "goodness of fit". This applies equally to Internal spaces, affecting fitments and furniture. Utilising local materials and skills is an aim. Whether you are a Baby Boomer or Gen Y, our Melbourne architects guide and filter - on matters such as passive & active solar, building & landscape responses to bushfire design, sensible sustainability, how to negotiate design around heritage places - all within a cost planned approach - wherever your project is located.
- Starts with "FRONT END LOADING" - comprehensive contract documentation then forming the basis for tendering and construction. Where you self administer building works, we seek to optimise information for statutory planning & building surveying processes. Architectural administration of building contracts endures - effectively realising works of all scales. This occurs by means of the Australian Building Industry Contract (ABIC) - jointly published by AIA/MBA. If owner building, you will benefit by comprehensively documenting design exploits.
We are City, Country & Coastal
Established out of inner city Richmond since 1987, and now based at the Harp Village - Kew East - the practice facilitates provision of new buildings, additions & alterations projects and landscape design in inner city, suburban, rural and coastal settings. Our experience extends into historic buildings and landscapes. Personalised service is high on the agenda.
- B.Arch. (RMIT), A.I.A. – Architecture
- Dip.App.Sci., Hort. – Landscape Design
Georgiev Partnership grew out of having an architect as a father (the late Vladimir Georgiev; Dip.Eng.(Arch) Darmstadt; FAIA), building a family residence and establishing its garden.
Comprehensive & Versatile
Effective architectural and landscape design services are achieved by being versatile. We aim to bring together interior and exterior spaces – then textured by form, light, colour, materials & plants to enrich the human spirit and function. Over the years we have developed a no-nonsense approach - getting to the nub of client aims, adding to them or transforming them - depending on individual circumstances. By making an appointment to visit us at our office - a process is started!
Architecture & Landscape Design both define broad disciplines – our services include:
- site planning – contextual assessment & response,
- property inspections & technical advice services through Archicentre Ltd,
- conceptual and detailed design including interiors,
- documentation (working drawings & specifications) in preparation for receiving tenders/quotes,
- realisation of construction – by administering AIA/MBAV building contracts.
According to each client’s needs and their project’s circumstance, we are a conduit and filter, co-ordinating:
- allied professionals – e.g. engineers, land surveyors,
- statutory processes,
- owner's corporation applications,
- cost planning,
- thermal performance,
- bush fire design,
- heritage matters,
- heating/cooling, building automation services,
- external services including effective site drainage, terracing, water features, pools, watering systems,
- contract administration.