Welcome to Design Construct Industries
Products and Services
Eco-Villas are an elegant yet low cost building and housing alternative providing a range of products to suit an array of people. Our product range is creative and adaptable and we are committed to assisting our clients to find the best solution for their housing or business needs. Eco-Villas can serve perfectly to provide studios, houses, beach villas, granny flats, holiday park accommodation and can provide a quick yet long term option for emergency housing/shelter following a natural disaster. Proudly Australian owned and developed, we utilise local materials and manufacture many of our products in our factory in Hume, Canberra.
Advantages of the Eco-Villa
DCI Professional Services
- Reduced environmental impact
- Long lasting and durable
- Compact and lightweight
- Uses less material with no need for a concrete slab
- Easy to erect (can be clone with unskilled labour)
- Able to adapt to use a range of local materials (windows, cladding and internal fit out)
- Designed for hot or cold climates
- Designed to be sustainable within the context of the local environment
- Sloping roof is ideal for mounting solar panels and collecting drinking water
- The galvanised frame is termite proof and corrosion resistant
- The Eco-Villas will withstand cyclones, earthquakes, floods and other natural disasters
Our team of highly qualified Engineers, Designers & Draftsmen offer a wide range of services personally tailored to suit the individual needs of our clients.
We take great pride in our meticulous attention to detail, our affordable prices and the one-on-one connection we maintain with our clients throughout each project until we are satisfied that an excellent outcome has been acheived.
The services we offer include:
- Designing of commercial, domestic, residential & industrial premises
- Structural certification
- Engineering inspections
- Site classifications
- Drafting services
Vogue Pergola is a premium product ideal for any commercial enterprise. Our stylish, unique pergolas are custom designed.
Vogue Pergola provides comfortable, waterproof, open shade areas for schools and outdoor eating areas at restaurants and cafes.
In addition, they offer great cover for paths, walkways, car parks, entrance areas and playground equipment. We coordinate closely with architects and clients and our structures are all certified by an engineer.
EXPLORE YOUR OUTDOOR POTENTIAL
- Vogue Pergola is a national company and was awarded the Telstra ACT Business of the Year Award in 2007.
- Vogue pergolas are custom designed and manufactured to meet individual needs.
- Structurally engineered and certified.
- Powder coated, Duragal steel framework means maximum strength and protection, and minimum maintenance.
- Available in the full Dulux colour range.
- Our covers are commercial grade, strong and durable PVC coated polyester fabrics.
- Our structures are securely fixed either by concrete footings or chemically set to a pre-existing concrete slab.
- Guttering and flashing can be fitted if required.
- We can take care of the complete council approval process.
DCI offers you an innovative water storage solution that can be manufactured in Canberra and transported very economically anywhere in Australia or overseas.
The Unitank has a capacity of over 2,000 litres. It can be packed with its supporting frame in a flat pack and can be easily manhandled and assembled virtually anywhere with readily available tools (a sledge hammer, a cordless drill and, if the mounting anchor has not been pre-cut to size, an angle grinder).
Even better, the structure uses no concrete, the 'mega-anchor" foundation (which can withstand a 2.5 tonne force) can be readily installed into most soils without the need for levelling, post hole digging or other built foundations.
The whole structure can be up to three metres high and is capable of withstanding a cyclone or earthquake.
Free transport for over 20 units !
DCI House foundations complete in just one day? It's possible!
- How long did it take to lay the foundations for your home?
- How many different tradesmen were needed?
- Was construction delayed by rain?
Traditional house construction techniques require several construction phases for the foundations - a concrete base, brick piers, timber bearers and timber joists.
An alternative range of building products, that is environmentally sustainable and cost effective, is manufactured here in Canberra by DCI Pty Ltd in Hume.
The foundation system that DCI has developed is almost cyclone proof (tests on the anchoring system showed that 2.7 tonnes of force was required to pull them out), and certainly flood and earthquake proof.
The system uses what are known as Greenspan Galvanized Tophats for purlins, joists and bearers all anchored into the ground with a "Mega Anchor" which can be installed with a sledge hammer!
The remaining work requires only a cordless drill!
With Climate Change and uncertanties in the world. One footing system has the ability to best deal with whatever mother nature has in store.
The Mega Anchor has proven to be a cost effective solution to construction challenges. The system can be used with a wide range of soil types and is fast and easy to install in all climate and geographic locations. Site disturbance is minimal and the use of chemicals for the treatment of white ants and termites is reduced drasticly
CORCON taken from “CORrugated CONcrete” is an innovative long-span re-useable lightweight sheet-metal formwork system, revolutionising the construction of suspended flooring.
The CORCON system was refined using finite element analysis to withstand rotational movement and deflection forces, both under construction and for the life of the structures.
Participating in this technical revolution, you will not only benefit from saving in time, concrete and steel resources but create a stronger, more earthquake resistant slab, resulting in stronger building.