Charles Wright Architects Pty Ltd is a contemporary design practice with offices in Melbourne, Victoria and Port Douglas, Queensland. We possess award winning major project experience - at the forefront of environmentally sustainable design (ESD) and driven toward carving out a new direction for a progressive architecture. We are a company with fresh perspective and specialist technological capabilities to develop iconic and sustainable solutions to complex problems.
CWA offers the following specialist services to its clients:
Advanced IT and CAD Services
- Functional Brief Writing
- Specialist Facility Planning Services
- Master planning
- Accommodation Schedule Benchmarking
- Site Planning and Urban Design
- Existing Conditions Survey Reviews
- Feasibility Study/Investment Evaluation Services
- Process Mapping
- Architectural Design
- Interior Design
- Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Tender/Construction Documentation
- Tender Evaluation
- Construction Stage Services
- Defects liability and Post Occupancy Evaluation Services
CWA has a highly sophisticated and integrated CAD system that includes the following base hardware:
Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- A base platform of powerful workstations
- High speed ADSL connection for high volume internet connection
- A totally integrated AutoCAD & REVIT design and documentation including our own in-house procedures and routines
- Specialist 3D Modelling, Rendering, Visualisation and Animation
- Fully integrated multimedia capacity
- A range of other multimedia equipment including scanners, laser printers and commercial plan printers.
The design team have been leaders in the use of BIM software since its emergence within the market earlier this decade. This software essentially allows the design team to create a three-dimensional model of the building from coordinated, consistent design information. This process enables earlier decision-making, better documentation, and the evaluation of alternatives for sustainable design or improvements using analysis before construction begins.
Previous Experience includes the following:
Prior to incorporating CWA in July 2004, Charles worked on a wide variety of project types with Lyons, Melbourne from 2000 thru 2004 in both design and project architect roles.
Charles was a member of the design team on the award winning and widely published BHP Billiton Global Headquarters at QV in Melbourne CBD.
He acted as a senior member of the design team on Lyons' award winning competition design for the new $130M John Curtin School of Medical Research in Canberra. "On this project Charles played a 'pivotal' role during the competition process and was involved in all aspects of the subsequent design and documentation work on this major university project." - Corbett Lyon 2004. JCSMR is a showcase of best principles & practice in ESD and won the 2007 RAIA National Public Architecture Award.
Charles also worked with Hamish Lyon on the facade design of the award winning School of Botany Project at University of Melbourne which is naturally ventilated.
$80M Grace McKellar Redevelopment, an aged care village and major new health facility in the Barwon Region of Victoria. Charles worked with Lyons Architects on this project from initial Masterplanning through Contract Administration as both a Design and Project Architect - comprising Administration Facilities, Nursing Homes, CRC Day Hospital, Wards for GEM, Rehab, Palliative Care and Residential wings. This project achieved excellent design outcomes on a tight budget, to produce a state-of-the-art facility whilst fostering and maintaining a community environment.
Board of Architects Queensland Registration No. 3654