Brisbane Turf Traders supply a wide variety of high quality lawn turf varieties along with professional service to Brisbane and surrounding areas.
We provide first-class services, with a free quote on supply and lay, professional turf laying service, full site preparation, top soil provision, setup of irrigation systems, fork-lift delivery and bobcat hire available for all domestic and commercial customers.
Brisbane Turf Traders supply and install turf grass to the Queensland areas of Brisbane, the Gold Coast, the Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Strathpine, Caboolture, Redcliffe, Caloundra, Maroochydore, Toowoomba, Tweeds Heads, Noosa Heads, Maryborough, Dalby, Chinchilla, Roma, Charleville, Longreach, St George, Goondiwindi, Inglewood, Warwick, Moreton Bay Islands and Kingaroy.
Our quality turf varieties include Sir Walter, Palmetto St Augustine, Wintergreen Couch, Empire Zoysia, Aussiblue, Queensland Blue Couch and Sweet Smother
We can also provide services to individuals and to companies of any size. No job is too small or too large for us to take care of.
At Brisbane Turf Traders we pride ourselves on providing a first-class turf laying service to all customers, whether domestic or commercial. We can supply and install turf for small or large areas and we can handle any or all of your lawn installation requirements.
Brisbane Turf Traders will give a free quote on the supply and installation of your turf upon inquiry. You can contact us at any time to request your free quote or to ask for more information or advice on your lawn.
Brisbane Turf Traders provide a professional turf laying service in Queensland. This includes not only laying the turf but also fully preparing the site for installation so that you will not need to raise a finger. Site preparation includes leveling the site, correcting the drainage, laying down quality topsoil and spreading fertilisers and hydrating crystals to give your lawn the best possible start. We will be able to fully prepare your site whether you are installing a turf for the first time or replacing a previous lawn or paved surface. We can remove all concrete and paving as necessary. We clear away all rubbish and excess material from your site after installation, so that you can begin enjoying your new lawn right away.
Many people installing a new lawn also wish to install an irrigation system so that their lawn will consistently receive the correct amount of water. Brisbane Turf Traders can supply and set up exemplary irrigation systems to suit your lawn.
Turf from Brisbane Turf Traders arrives in palletised form. A fork-lift is available to deliver the turf and to remove the pallets after delivery.
Finally, Brisbane Turf Traders offer bobcat and excavator hire services. We are able to rent small machines for more compact areas and larger machines for use in open spaces
Sir Walter Premium Lawn Turf
Sir Walter Premium Lawn Turf is considered by many to be the ultimate Australian grass, having planted itself as Australia’s favourite lawn with over 35 million metres having been sold since its introduction in 1997.
It is a variety of soft leaf buffalo grass that has proven to be, without a doubt, the best performing lawn turf for our harsh Australian conditions from our tropical north, the cool tablelands to the dry west.
Sir Walter is an excellent all-round lawn that can be recommended for almost all domestic and commercial situations, tough wearing, self repairing and requires minimal maintenance making it the perfect grass for our Australian conditions.
Sir Walter lawn turf combines a comprehensive range of attributes into this easy to care for variety:
Palmetto St Augustine
- Australian born and bred
- Lush emerald-green colour
- Very soft to the touch
- Low allergy
- Disease and fungus resistant
- Resistant to the wear and tear caused by heavy traffic
- Self-repairing, so any damaged areas will recover very quickly
- Requires low levels of maintenance
- A warm season grass that is not only drought resistant but also tough
- Performs best if watered infrequently but deeply
- Does not need to be mowed too frequently as its vertical growth is not rapid
- Tolerates full sun and shade extremely well. No grass can survive without any sun at all, but Sir Walter grass can survive with as little as two to three hours of sunlight each day.
- Good winter colour if fertilised in Autumn and mowed at a higher level until spring
- Environmentally friendly
- Salt tolerant
- User feedback provides evidence to support Sir Walter's reputation for excellence.
Palmetto St Augustine is a variety of American-bred soft leaf buffalo grass.
- Its leaves have a velvety texture and a lush green colour.
- Provides an excellent performance in sun or in shade, needing only three to four hours of full sunlight a day.
- Its deep root system allows it to survive periods of heavy traffic and drought.
- Recovers rapidly from damage and holds its colour well over winter.
- A low maintenance grass that would suit most commercial or residential sites.
Wintergreen Couch is a semi dwarf improved selection of warm season grass with fine stolens and leaves and has been in the market for over twenty years. It has a deep root system and a hard wearing surface with a soft leaf texture. An ideal grass for sporting surfaces such as golf courses, tennis courts, ovals and bowling greens.
- Medium growth rate.
- Stands up to wear and tear better than most other grasses, so it is the perfect option for heavy traffic areas.
- Can be mowed close to the ground – in summer approximately every 10 - 14 days at 10-15mm to assist in keeping its formal appearance and to also minimise its tendency to “thatch up”. In winter mow every 3 – 5 weeks at a height of approximately 15-20mm. In Spring, mow very low and fertilise. This allows the thatch that has built up in your lawn to be removed and allows the new stolen growth.
- Suitable for commercial or residential properties.
- Soft to the touch as it has a fine texture and a dense growth pattern.
- Holds its colour well over winter.
- Drought tolerant.
- Requires moderate fertilising and watering to maintain appearance and durability.
- Low-maintenance grass that thrives best in full sunlight, preferring positions where it can receive about seven hours of sun a day
Green couch is one of the most salt tolerant lawn varieties. It is one of the original and widely used turf varieties available and is regarded as being one of the most suitable grasses for streetscapes, multi-purpose sporting ovals, parklands as well as lawns.
It forms an attractive, dense, medium to fine textured turf. Mowing can be carried out at approximately 15-30 mm, but this variety does require regular fertilising and mowing to keep it looking its best. It has excellent drought and wear tolerance abilities, however does not tolerate shade (except for a few varieties with moderate shade tolerance). Its below-ground rhizomes help to stabilise the soil, but also has a tendency to invade adjacent garden beds if not controlled.
- Provides rapid cover after establishment and will recover quickly from damage.
- Grows best in full sun positions.
- Appears to its best advantage when mowed with a cylinder mower.
- Can be kept very short if it is in a position where it receives adequate sunlight.
- With only a moderate level of care it can be an excellent choice for a lawn, nature strip or sporting field, particularly in areas that may be subject to flooding.
Empire Zoysia is sometimes known as EZ grass, or easy grass. This variety is a versatile, adaptable lawn, well suited to Australian conditions. EMPIRE has performed well in both sandy and clay soil types, with aggressive growth from its runners and rhizomes. It can be mown with a standard rotary mower due to its ideal leaf width and open growth habit.
Empire Zoysia has a deep root and rhizome system providing it with unmatched toughness. If you want a fast growing lawn fertilise, however if you want a slow growing, lawn that still wears well ad requires less mowing, simply limit the fertiliser. This turf alls you the choice of growth options - fast or slow. For most situations, yearly fertilising should be sufficient. If however, you have a higher wear area, then you will need to fertilise more frequently.
- Under the right climatic conditions it requires very little maintenance.
- Resistant to insects, diseases, weeds and drought.
- Copes well with shade.
- Extremely water efficient.
- Empire Zoysia is easy to keep looking good in hot, humid regions, while its performance in other climates can be variable.
Aussiblue is a new improved couch turf with a blue-green leaf colour and is vastly superior to the old favourite of Queensland Blue.
It is suitable for commercial or residential lawns in south-east Queensland.as a majority of problems have been bred out making this a sensational turf for the home lawn.
Aussiblue is best suited to sub-tropical conditions and retains colour well through winter in the right areas but can brown off due to heavy frost.
Queensland Blue Couch
- It has a natural ability to limit weeds and fight disease.
- Thrives in sub-tropical conditions.
- Soft textured, with medium to fine leaves.
- Suitable for commercial or residential lawns in south-east Queensland.
Queensland Blue Couch is a grass suitable for tropical Australia and Southern Queensland.
Although Queensland Blue was made popular in Southern Queensland due to its optimum suitability and performance in that region, it is also highly suitable to many other areas in Australia.
Queensland Blue Couch has a lovely soft texture, is less aggressive and does not thatch up as quickly as couch turf. This variety does not leave an unsightly appearance of cut and exposed stolons (runners) like other lawns do.
The colour is a very attractive dark green / blue. The variety requires minimal, if any de-thatching (vertimowing) when compared to every other Warm Season Grass.
- When grown under the right conditions it will form a dense mat that resists weed invasion and will have a rich blue-green colouring.
- Performs well in areas of high humidity.
- Not recommended for shady areas.
- Thrives best if maintained regularly through application of water and fertiliser.
- Care needs to be taken to defend against both pests and disease.
Durban Grass, which is known as Sweet Smother in Queensland, is another lawn worth considering for the home. This lawn variety is noted for its softness, durability in full sun, and is also well renowned as being one of the best, if not the best shade tolerant turf currently available. This variety only requires as little as 3 hours direct sunlight per day to survive and maintains itself well with no special lawn care required.
When grown in full sun, Sweet Smother Grass is light green in colour. The colour darkens depending on the amount of shade it is subjected to. This variety does require well drained soil, and does not tolerate a clay foundation very well. It also does not tolerate frost. It does have an inability to withstand and/or promptly repair from wear and tear. Therefore it is an ideal lawn in the event that it does not have heavy traffic such as pets or children.
- Soft and maintains itself well.
- Very durable both in full sun and in shade, requiring minimal amounts of sunlight each day.
- Will become a deeper green when it grows in the shade as opposed to the light green shading it has when grown in full sun. This grass requires well-drained soil.
- Is not frost resistant
- Nor very resistant at all to wear and tear.
- It is, however, an excellent choice and an attractive lawn under the right conditions.