I had been contracting BJ Pest Control for 5 years and I took over the business as the previous owner had reached the age of retirement. The transition was very easy as I had hands on experience in this industry.
BJ Pest is a premier pest control company, specialising in the eradication and control of all pests. From cockroaches through to rodents we service all pests including termite, cockroaches,rodents, fleas, wasps, ants, spiders, Borer ,bird proofing and bird control.
There is a wide variety of spiders found in Australia. Out of the thousands of spider species, only a few are actually dangerous to people.
The most common ones are as follows:
- Red back spiders whose poisonous bites can be fatal to small children and the elderly.
- Funnel Web spiders known for their highly toxic and are dangerous bites. It is advisable to seek medical attention as soon as you are bitten. These spiders may enter houses, tents and other dwellings.
- White Tail Spiders have a painful bite which results in skin trauma and rashes.
- The Huntsman spider has a bite that causes pain and swelling around the bitten area.
- The Trap Door spider’ bite causes pain and swelling.
- These spiders usually crawl into clothing, shoes and toys that are left around too long. It is best to always shake out clothing, towels, sheets and shoes before you use it.
Ants come in many varieties like Fire ants, Carpenter ants, Garden ants, Red ants etc. Some ants can inflict severe bites.
They also make a nuisance of themselves by infesting kitchens and BBQ areas, short-circuit air conditioners and inhabiting curtain rods and folded sheets, clothes and paper. Besides this, they can ruin the aesthetics of a building my living in cracks and areas behind cabinets etc.
Cockroaches infest homes, schools, restaurants, hospitals and any building that has kitchens or storage areas. They destroy fabric and paper products by eating into it. They also leave behind stains and an unpleasant. Cockroaches are capable of transmitting bacteria that cause food poisoning. e.g. Salmonella etc
Silverfish are small silvery nocturnal insects that can cause a lot of damage to books and fabrics. They leave behind a yellow stain and gray scales and they chew holes into the items they destroy.
Rodents can cause widespread damage to homes and agricultural land. They carry disease producing bacteria and viruses and easily contaminate food and other household articles. Please contact us to remove any type of rodent infestation from your home.
Bees are nuisance pests. They do not cause damage but they can inflict harm on humans in the form of stings. Sometimes, these stings can prove fatal.
Wasps build their nests under eaves, porches, piers and other areas that are inhabited by humans. They are a nuisance pest most of the time. However, they can be quite aggressive and quick to sting. This poses a risk to a person’s safety and therefore it is advisable to remove wasps from the immediate environment.
Fleas feed on the blood of warm blooded animals, including humans. A flea bite causes acute irritation and often leads to infection and transfer of other parasites. They also carry harmful germs and bacteria which can lead to dreadful diseases.