The Australian Institute of Architects shall unite architects to advance architecture
Australian Institute of Architects SA
Welcome to Australian Institute of Architects NT
The Australian Institute of Architects exists to:
The Australian Institute of Architects is a national body consisting of almost 10,000 members across Australia and overseas. The Institute was formed in 1930 when state architectural Institutes combined to form a unified national association with the following aims:
- advance the interests of members, their professional standards and contemporary practice, and
- expand and advocate the value of architects and architecture to the sustainable growth of our community, economy and culture.
Since then, the Australian Institute of Architects has evolved into a dynamic and progressive national organisation with active programs in many areas relating to the architectural profession. We also provide services to other sectors of the community.
- To advance architecture
- To maintain the integrity and standing of the profession
- To promote the profession's views nationally and internationally, and
- To encourage the study of architecture
By promoting better, responsible and environmental design, the Institute actively lobbies to maintain and improve the quality of our built environment. Raising design standards in our cities, urban areas, commercial and residential buildings, architects and the Institute have a major role in shaping Australia's future.