Welcome to Allied Pickfords
Your dedicated Allied Pickfords Move Consultantwill be there to plan your entire move so you can sit back and relax.
Your Allied Pickfords Move Consultant is someone you can trust; an expert who understands the meaning of personal service and often the fi rst person you will meet from your professional moving team.
Your dedicated Allied Pickfords Move Consultant will:
• Talk you through the move process and suggest a tailored mix of transport, storage and insurance solutions to meet your needs
• Plan every aspect of your move from door to door
• Answer any questions or concerns you may have
Servicing all suburbs.
“a weight off your shoulders”
The Allied Advantage
- Largest Australian Network - We're with you all the way. Over 40 locations.
- Worlds Largest Moving Network - Over 800 locations Worldwide. Door-to-door coverage, anywhere in the World.
- Experience and Knowledge - Your peace of mind. With over 300 years experience.
- Total Move Management - We do it all for you.
- Quality of Service - Your guarantee. Leave your move to the removalist professionals.
- IT - Communications - With you throughout your entire International move.
- Innovative Packing Materials - Your goods are protected. The Careful Movers use unique packaging to protect your effects.
- Storage - Affordable, convenient and safe.
- nsurance - We have you covered throughout your move to protect you against the unexpected.
- Relocation Services - Employee Relocation Specialists. Services across Australia and the World to assist with staff transition.
- Price - Delivering you the best moving service competitively. Obligation free estimates.
You probably already know the secret to any successful outcome is having a good plan. That’s our philosophy at Allied Pickfords too. Whether you’re moving around the corner or to the other side of the world, the more information you have, the more prepared you’ll be. Ask questions, get answers, let us help.
1: Pre-move inspection, survey & inventory creation
Special considerations & options (storage, packing, house cleaning)
Quote & booking in your move
Final packing and loading
Delivery & unpacking
pre-move-survey and inventory
The fi rst step in planning your move is the pre-move inspection, survey and inventorycreation, which will be conducted by your Allied Pickfords Move Consultant. What is the pre-move inspection survey and inventory? Your Allied Pickfords Move Consultant will visit your home and carry out a survey and inventory of your personal belongings you wish to have moved. This information is used to help evaluate the size and cost of your move. Please thoroughly check your copy of this inventory. Check that all items you wish to have moved are listed.
what can you do to help?
Please ensure your Move Consultant is aware of all items that need to be moved e.g. plants and pets, contents of drawers and items in your garage.
If you are moving interstate or overseas, check with your consultant about any restrictions on moving items including all plants and pets.
Please make your consultant aware of any items you want moved that aren’t at your house at the time of the pre-move survey including any new items you may purchase before your move.
Getting kids through the move… smiling
Children love a good adventure and will most likely embrace the move if they
are involved in all aspects along the way. Here are some tips for getting your
kids excited about your move.
• Tell your kids about the move as soon as possible so they don’t overhear the news by accident
• Involve your children in all aspects of your move, if possible, including house hunting, planning the move and tasks that are appropriate to their age
• On move day keep your kids occupied - younger children can pack a special box with their most treasured possessions. They can even decorate the outside of the box so they can quickly fi nd it in your new home
• Ask for their input on decorating or arranging things in their new rooms
• Encourage your children to take the time to say good-bye to friends mand exchange contact information so they can stay in touch
• Make plans to continue your child’s current activities (such as scouts, sports, dance classes, etc.) in your new community – continuity will make adjusting to a new location much easier
Shining thoughts for your vehicles
Motor vehicles, trailers, boats, bikes and caravans are transported by Allied Pickfords or our auto transport specialist, with expert attention and care. To further ensure the safe transportation of your vehicles, remember the following:
• All vehicles should have as little fuel in the fuel tank as possible
• Check vehicles for any fl uid leaks
• Boats should be drained of all fuel and oil
• All vehicles should be completely emptied of any loose items
There are some things you can do to ease the stress of moving the family pets to your new home irrespective of whether your pets are being moved by Allied Pickfords or yourself.
Comforting thoughts for pets
We are dedicated to ensuring your beloved pets are moved in comfort and safety and given the care they need. Our specialists love animals and they will provide the utmost care for your pets from door to door. If you would like to book your pet’s relocation with Allied Pickfords please advise your Move Consultant so they can arrange for an animal relocation specialist to get in contact with you about your pet’s move.
• A veterinary examination to check your pet’s health, update identification tags and discuss precautionary measures for the trip
• Pack a container of fresh, cool water and stop frequently for walks
• If transporting your pets by car, make sure to get your pet comfortable with car travel by taking it on short
trips around the neighbourhood before the move
• Birds and small pets such as rabbits can travel in their cages if the cage can be placed in a stable, well ventilated area free of drafts. Covering the cage while the car is moving often calms the animal
• If travelling by air, contact the airline well in advance to check regulations and available services
• Select a large enough pet transport module so that your pet can stand and move around a bit and get your pet accustomed to the kennel well in advance of the trip
• Mark the kennel “Live Animal” with your pet’s name and your contact details
Unfortunately international regulations prevent us moving plants overseas. If you are moving domestically, there still may be rules prohibiting the transport of certain plants. Check with your Move Consultant for further information.
If you do decide to move your plants, you should consider the following:
• Provide plants with plenty of sunlight several weeks prior to moving day to allow them to store extra energy
• Prune back overgrown leaves and branches about a month before moving and limit feeding to minimise growth
• Thoroughly water the plants a few days before your move. We strongly recommend you don’t water plants the day of your move. If plants are wet when they are packed, there is a risk of water seeping into your other goods during transit
• Place your plants in sturdy cartons or containers to keep them from tipping over during transit
options to make life easy
Complete Packing Service
In most locations, Allied Pickfords can completely pack and unpack your personal
belongings so you barely touch a single box. We will pack and then unpack your
belongings to fl at surfaces as part of our standard service. At your new home, your
belongings can also be completely put away into cupboards, drawers etc. as part of an
extended service, leaving you to sit back, relax and settle in.
Professional House Cleaning
Allied Pickfords can arrange to have your old and new home professionally cleaned.
Whether you use the basic cleaning service for a thorough clean throughout your home
or the premium cleaning service for that spotless level of detail, either is ideal for making
your old home sparkle for potential buyers and making a fresh start at your new home.
Please speak to your Move Consultant about these services. If you are moving with work
and these additional services are not included, you can purchase them yourself to ensure
you and your family can completely relax throughout the entire move.
Many circumstances such as having to temporarily move into a hotel or rented house at your destination may prompt you to place some or all your belongings into storage.
Whether you prefer to move all or some of your possessions into storage, and whether you choose to store near your old or new home, we can provide you with a solution to meet your short or long-term storage needs.
Convenient collection service
All items placed into storage will be put on a storage inventory list then packed and moved to the designated Allied Pickfords Storage Facility where they are placed into a secure storage environment.
Timely delivery of your stored items when you are ready
With a network of storage facilities nationally and internationally, access to your stored belongings is never far away. A simple call to your local Allied Pickfords offi ce is all it takes to arrange the delivery of all or part of your stored belongings to your new home within five working days.
Storage payment options, your choice
Allied Pickfords offers a choice of fl exible storage payment options to suit your individual needs. Storage payments can be made by cheque, direct debit, standing order or credit cards.
Credit card surcharges may apply.
Comprehensive protection... your peace of mind
When your goods are moved by Allied Pickfords, you can be confident that they will arrive at your new home safe and sound. However, in rare instances, you may need to make a claim. To ensure complete protection and total peace of mind against unforeseen circumstances, we have developed a comprehensive Transit and Storage Insurance Cover underwritten by reputable Insurers.
One simple contact
Purchasing an Allied Pickfords Transit and Storage Insurance Cover means you will deal with us and only us in the unlikely event of a claim. There are no messy third parties. This means you will get timely, simple resolution.
Allied Pickfords Transit and Storage Insurance offers a range of options including:
• Pairs and sets insurance
• Mechanical and electrical derangement
• Mould and mildew (international moves only)
• Packing and shipping insurance
• Full replacement value regardless of the age of the item
This means you can choose the insurance that suits your needs.
In-house claims handling
Allied Pickfords provides you with quick and effi cient in-house claims management. Please note that claims are to be lodged with Allied Pickfords in your country of origin. We will look after all the paperwork and aim to settle any claim as quickly as possible. For more information about insurance, please speak to your Move Consultant or refer to the Product Disclosure Statement.
not so fast,
restrictions on packing
What NOT to pack
You should always consider transporting irreplaceable items yourself.
Items you should not pack for Allied Pickfords to move include:
• Birth Certifi cates
• Perishables and items subject to deterioration eg: wine
• Prohibited items (see next page)
During the packing stage, you must keep these items clearly separate from anything
that will be carried by your move team to ensure they are not accidentally packed
with your other belongings.
Keep in mind that Allied Pickfords Transit and Storage Insurance does not cover
money, jewellery or data loss from any electronic devices. Most policies do not cover
deterioration to perishable items eg: wine
prohibited and dangerous goods
Class 1: Explosive
Class 2: Flammable Gases
Class 3: Flammable Liquids
Class 4: Miscellaneous
Class 5: Oxidising Substances
- Methylated Spirits
- Methane Black
- Flammable Solids
- Scuba Tanks
- Gas Cylinders (unless purged and certified)
- Aerosol Cans
- Explosive Devices
- Life Rafts
- Butane Lighters / Refills
- Home Soft Drink Makers
Class 6: Poisonous & Toxic Substances
- Calcium Hypochlorite
- Ammonium Nitrate
- Sodium Nitrate
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Fire Lighters Powder
Class 7: Corrosive Substances
- Weed Killers
- Photographic Developers
Class 8: Radioactive Materials
Class 9: Fire Arms
- Caustic Soda
- Hydrochloric Acid
- Sulphuric Acid
- Military Weapons
- Fully Automatic Weapons
- Hand Guns
Nothing is beyond possible.
Nothing is left to chance.
If there are any parts of your move that you would like further clarification on, always speak with your Allied Pickfords Move Consultant. Both they and our Removals Team will do their best to cater to any special needs or requirements you may have.
Whether you’re planning to do all your packing yourself or are requesting our expert, efficient assistance, packing is a critically important part of your move.
That’s why we have the best-trained packing teams in the industry. When moving
with Allied Pickfords, you can be sure that your valued possessions are going
to be carefully handled and protected to the world’s highest standards.
Regular skills training
Our expert packing teams have been trained to the highest standards
in the industry covering modern wrapping, packing and handling
techniques helping Allied Pickfords maintain an ISO9001 Certification
Protecting your home
At your old and new home, our teams use a range of specialist materials to protect
fl oors, staircases, doors and other vulnerable areas of your home.
As the world’s largest mover, we invest time and care in developing materials to protect
your home and possessions. The materials we use are the industry benchmark.
Interstate, Country & Local Moves
- Largest Australian Network
- Your Household possessions with us door-to-door
- Over 40 Australian locations
- Quality Assured. ISO9001 accredited
- Obligation Free Quotes
- Employee Relocation Specialists
Over 300 years experience
- Largest moving network in the World
- Over 800 locations worldwide
- door-to-door coverage, anywhere in the world
- Only Australian moving brand with own Insurance Centre - remain in our care from start to finish
- Secure & Modern storage solutions
- Car, Boat & Motorcycle transport (in conjunction with a furniture move)
- Pet relocation & Boarding
- Packing & Unpacking
- House Clean
- Utility Connect & Reconnection
To experience the Allied Pickfords difference call 13 25 54
or visit www.alliedpickfords.com.au