Outdoor lounge furniture is designed so that you can comfortably enjoy your outdoor areas. Whether you want to read a book, recline with a cup of coffee, or take a nap, your outdoor lounge furniture should be as comfortable as possible. Read on to discover some of your options.
There are some different types of outdoor lounge furniture. These include:
• Swings – these swing chairs can seat one, two, or even three people depending on your needs. Look for swings that have comfortable padded chairs and an adjustable awning overhead to protect you from the sun’s glare. If you opt for a single seater, look for one that has a foot rest, arm rests, or head rests.
• Lounge chairs – these are the classic chairs that people associate with outdoor furniture. Many of these have extended recliner like seats for extra comfort. They can be made from wood or aluminium and durable fabrics. Look for cushions and seat pads to make the chairs more comfortable. Lounge chairs can seat one, two or more people. Chaise lounges are extremely comfortable and can look very elegant within your outdoor setting in general.
• Day beds – these are perhaps the ultimate in comfort as you can use them as a large chair or lie down on them for a cosy outdoor nap. These are commonly made from hardy woods that can stand up to the outdoors. Large cushions and throw rugs will make your day bed even more comfortable to use.
• Tables – while you cannot lounge on a table, they are invaluable for holding your drinks, magazines, newspapers, phone, and so on. Look for a table that complements your lounge furniture and that is a suitable size for what you will be using it for.
Here are some of the materials that outdoor furniture can be made from:
• Plastic – this is the most economical option when it comes to outdoor lounge furniture. Ensure that you choose a strong, durable plastic as it is less likely to crack or split from exposure to the weather. The sun can potentially fade or discolour your furniture so you will need to store it in shade, covering it, or by using white furniture.
• Metal – these include steel and aluminium, and this type of outdoor lounge furniture is strong. Many of these will come with wheels to make moving it easier and also with cushions for comfort. You can find some great bargains with a little effort.
• Wooden – wooden outdoor lounge furniture is made from woods that are naturally weather resistant, such as teak or red cedar. This furniture is heavy and often costs more than other types of outdoor lounge furniture but it looks fantastic, and can last much longer.
There are some things that you need to think about before you buy your outdoor lounge furniture. Firstly, you need to look at your budget and ensure that you are looking for the best option that still falls within what you can afford. Also look at where you want to use the furniture. For example, if you want to use it around the pool, plastic may be the best option as it is less likely to be affected by water.
We need your email address so that we can send you the details of businesses who express interest in your job.
We need your phone number so that businesses who express interest in your job may call you for more details.
or enter your location to search
The Monastery Furniture has been established since 1980, providing quality furniture ranging from co...
Cabinet Making, Furniture - Custom Design, Furniture - Outdoor, Kitchen, Timber Flooring
Riverland Pools and Maintenance is your premium pool shop in the Riverland and surrounding areas
THRIFTY LINK HARDWARE. . . . . . . . . . GARDEN. . . . . . . . .OUTDOOR. . . . . . . . . .PAINTING. ...
Thousands of Jobs!
1 job posted every 64 seconds
We strive to create products that people love! Sometimes we pick up a few awards in the process too...
Download our iPhone App
Find businesses on the go with the hipages iPhone app
As Australia's most visited building and renovation website, hipages.com.au is your platform for taking your building or renovation project from concept to completion.
We've been connecting Australians with local trade professionals and home services for over 10 years.
The easiest way to find trade professionals - Tell us what you need and we'll get you three quotes.
Freecall 1300 217 968
MON - FRI: 7AM - 11PM (AEST)
SAT - SUN: 8AM - 10PM (AEST)
Our highly engaged audience is actively sending enquiries to local trades & professionals just like you!
Call (02) 8396 1300
MON - FRI: 9AM - 5:30PM (AEST)
SAT - SUN: Leave a message and we'll call back on Monday